Companies (Central Government’s) General Rules and Forms, 1956
FORM No. 51[1B] : Application for the approval of the Central Government for Conversion of a public company into a private company
Registration No. of Company
Nominal Capital Rs
THE COMPANIES ACT, 1956
[Pursuant to proviso to section 31(1)]*
1. Name of the company and address of its registered office
2. The date of its incorporation
3. The existing capital structure of the company (A copy of current memorandum and articles and
a copy of the latest balance sheet and profit and loss account should be attached)
4. The name of the 52[***] managing director, etc., if any, and the tenure of office, if fixed and details of remuneration payable.
5. The reasons for conversion
6. The number of members of the company at the time the decision for conversion was taken
7. The names if available, of the members present at the meeting in which the decision was taken
8. The names, if available, of the members of the company who voted in favour of the proposal for
conversion and their respective shareholdings.
9. The names, if available, of members if any, who voted against the proposal for conversion and
their respective shareholdings. The grounds put forth by them, if any, so as to justify the opposition to the proposal should also be stated in detail. (A copy of the minutes of the meeting shall be attached)
10. Whether a copy of the special resolution under section 31 has been filed with the Registrar of
Companies as required under section 192 of the Companies Act, 1956 53[11. [***]]
Dated this day
*See rule 4B.
**State whether Director, Managing/ Whole-time Director, Manager or Secretary.