Can a person be adopted if elder than the person who is adopting

I work in Embassy of Poland. I wish to adopt a lady as mother who is elder than me. She taught me for three years. She is from Poland. I don't know, what should i do? If you could suggest me the way, I'll be very thankful. Warm Regards! Jay Atri

Answers (1)

Dear Sir / Ma’am,
Greetings from Company Vakil !!
You cannot adopt a foreigner (or even a non-Hindu.) Usually an application for being appointed a guardian is filed in such cases, however the grounds for such appointment shall have to be made out. Also, there shall be an added complication on account of the lady not being a Indian citizen. First Indian citizenship may have to be applied for, depending on the full facts of the case.

Mr. Kushal Thukral


Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.

Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issues.

©2021 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen


We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.


Log in with your credentials


Forgot your details?

Create Account