GSTR 6 is a return filed by the input service distributor. This return has to be filed on a monthly basis. The contents of this return include the input tax credit received by the distributor and the distribution of input tax credit. This return is bifurcated into 11 sections.
Importance of GSTR 6
The GSTR 6 returns consist of all details of documents issued for distribution of input tax credit. It also consists of the manner in which the credit has been distributed as well as credit received on tax invoices. It is compulsory for every input service distributor to file returns under GSTR 6. Such returns are to be filed even while filing a nil return.
Due date for filing returns under GSTR 6
The due date for filing returns under GSTR 6 is the 13th day of the next coming month. The return has to be filed every month.
Who must file GSTR 6?
Returns under GSTR 6 have to be filed by every Input Service Distributor (ISD).
How to revise GSTR 6?
There are no provisions under GST act for revising returns under GSTR 6. Any mistake made in the return must be corrected during the filing of GSTR 6 of the following next month.
What is GSTR 6A?
GSTR 6A is a form which is automatically generated according to the details provided by the suppliers of an Input Service Distributor in their filing of GSTR 1returns.
GSTR-6A is a form with read-only format. Any amendments that are to be made in GSTR-6A have to be done while filing of GSTR-6 returns.
You may view GSTR-6A by visiting to the Return Dashboard on the GST Portal and clicking on ‘PREPARE ONLINE’ on GSTR6A tile.
Details needed to be provided in GSTR 6
An input service provider (ISD) after adding, correcting or deleting the details in GSTR-6A has to file GSTR-6. Therefore, most of the details in GSTR 6 is auto-populated from the details approved in GSTR 6.
Below we have mentioned various heads under which information needs to be furnished:
1. GSTIN – in this head the taxpayer needs to provide GSTIN for whom the return is being filed.
2. Name of the Registered Person – The Name of the taxpayer will be auto-populated in the column.
3. Input tax credit received for distribution – Details in this particular section will be auto populated. The section will contain invoice wise details of all the inputs received which is distributed as Input Tax Credit.
4. Total ITC/Eligible ITC/ Ineligible ITC to be distributed for the tax period – This part shall consist of the total of all the ITC of the Input Service Distributor separated into total amount of ITC, eligible ITC and ineligible ITC.
5. Distribution of input tax credit (ITC) reported in Table 4 –
This is the table in which the entire distribution of input tax credit (ITC) is reported by the ISD in the return. Based on this table, the dealer to whom the credit is distributed will be able to claim the ITC.
6. Amendments/changes in information furnished in earlier returns in Table No. 3 – If there is any mistake in the invoice details for inward supplies provided in the last returns filed it can be rectified here. The details of changes/amendments to be made to invoices have to be entered here.
7. Input tax credit (ITC) miss-matches and reclaims to be distributed in the tax period – Changes to the total input tax credit (ITC) on account of mismatch or input tax credit (ITC) reclaimed on rectification of mismatch can be done in this table.
8. Distribution of input tax credit (ITC)reported in Table No. 6 and 7 (plus/minus) – Changes/amendments to be made to the amount of credit distributed to dealers on account of details entered in Table 6 or 7 can be done here.
9. Redistribution of input tax credit (ITC) distributed to a wrong recipient (plus/minus) – Any incorrect distribution of input tax credit (ITC) to the dealers in the last returns can be entered on this table.
10. Late Fees (if any)
If any late fees is paid by dealer has to be entered in this section.
11. Refund claimed if any from electronic cash ledger – This table will include details of refund to be claimed from the electronic cash ledger.
Company vakil helps in the registration and all other processes. We will be at your assistance all the time.