West Bengal Registration for death has been issued by the KMC, which is short for the Kolkata Municipal Corporation. They issue the death certificates in Kolkata of West Bengal. The Government issues the certificates of death mainly to keep track of the records of the deceased people. In the city if Kolkata, the certificate of death will be only issued when the corporation has been registered with the death.
Why should you get a death certificate?
A death certificate is a document which records the cause of death along with the date of the death of the deceased person. A death certificate is very important to the relatives of the deceased person. Obtaining a death certificate is important due to the following reasons.
- To record the time and date of death
- To form the fact of the death
- To free the person for the social, official and legal obligations
- To remove the dispute regarding property distribution and inheritance
- To authorize and to enable the family of the deceased to avail insurance benefits
This article will help you to understand the whole concept of the West Bengal registration for death.
Eligibility for Registration
The certificates for the West Bengal registration for death can be only received in the occurrence of the death has been registered by the KMC, Kolkata Municipal Corporation.
- The close relatives or the members of the family of the deceased person will be able to receive two copies of the certificate of the death carrying the registration from the burial ground or the burning ghat
- The digital death certificate can be obtained from the Department of Health against the fee that is stipulated
- In case of the death occurring in any of the hospitals or the residences which belong to the area of the jurisdiction of the KMC, it is possible to register the death via the KMC
- According to the existing laws, the events of any birth or death must be mandatorily registered within one year of the event
- If there is a delay of registration of the aforementioned events, that is, if the birth and the death are not registered within one year, then the registration is only possible to do so under the orders of the Executive or any first class Magistrate of the area of the KMC
The required Documents
The following documents are necessary for the completion of the registration
- Photo ID proof of the expired
- Photo ID proof of the Applicant
- Certificates of Institutes – Hospital or the Doctors
- Cremation or the Burial Certificate
How to Apply Online
The whole process of registration for the certificate of death has been made online. It is possible to apply for the certificate of death in quick and hassle-free step right from your home. The last thing anyone want to go through right after their loved is passed away is to endure long and problematic processes of obtaining the certificate of death. The steps of the online application are given below.
Step 1: The applicant has to visit the website of the West Bengal Registration by clicking on this link https://edistrict.wb.gov.in/PACE/login.do
Step 2: If this is the first time applicant is registering, then he or she has to click on the Citizen Registration first
Step 3: After the, the applicant has to log into West Bengal e-District which will then forward the applicant to the Home page
Step 4: There is an option called “Apply to Services” on the menu bar, click on it in order to look at the list of the provided services
Step 5: Next, at the NKDA, click on the button of registration of the Death
Step 6: Type in all the boxes asking for the information of the applicant
Step 7: After that, the applicant has to upload all the mandatory documents
Step 8: Next, click on the button called Submit. You will find that the AIN has been generated and will be displayed accordingly as given in the picture below
Step 9: Finally, the applicant can complete the process by clicking on the Finish button
How to obtain the Death Certificate
After completing all the processes involved with the application for the death certificate, it is now time to obtain the actual certificate of death. The applicant has to log into the website portal of the West Bengal Registration online and then press on the button “Approved Application” that has been displayed on the menu bar. Clicking on that will enable the applicant to view the full list of the applications for the service that are approved. After that, the applicant has to click on the icon called the “Certificate” for a specific application in order to obtain the certificate of the “Registration of Death at NKDA”.
Structure of the Fee
The first couple of the copies of the certificates of death which has been issued by the Burial Ground or the Crematorium is completely free of any cost. However, each copy obtained after that has to be paid by Rs 100 per copy.
This is the full information regarding the process of West Bengal Registration for death certificates.
Visit Company Vakil for any legal registration.