- E-Way Bill is the short form of Electronic Way Bill. It is a unique document/bill, which is electronically generated for the specific consignment/movement of goods from one place to another, either inter-state or intra-state and of value more than INR 50,000, required under the current GST regime.
- Official shipping document that travels with a shipment, identifies its consignor, consignee, origin and destination, describes the goods, and shows their weight and freight. Prepared by the shipping company for its internal record and control, it is neither a contract of carriage nor a negotiable instrument.
- E-way bill can be generated through various modes including SMS. We look at the procedure for generating e-way bill through SMS.
- Mobile E-Way Bill- is a mobile SMS based generation of the e-way bill. This is meant for small tax
- Payers, who may not have IT systems and may not have a large number of transactions for the e-way bill
- Generation in a day.
- SMS e-way bill- generation is ideal for entities with limited transactions, as it would be prudent to use other methods in case of higher volume. The SMS e-way bill generation facility can also be used by taxpayers in case of emergencies such as during the night or while involved in travelling in a vehicle. 3 major activities related to e-way bill operation through SMS mode are as follows:
- Generate the e-way bill
- Update the vehicle details
- Cancellation of the e-way bill
- This can also be used by taxpayers to generate e-Way Bill, in emergency cases like night, for urgent movement of transactions. The taxpayer shall be able to perform the following activities related to the e-Way Bill system using.
For more such articles, log into Company Vakil
SMS based operations:
Generate the E-Way Bill, Update the Vehicle Details, Cancel the E-Way Bill, and Update the Transporter
Get E-Way Bills generated by another party, The GST system provides a provision of e-Way Bill, a document to be carried by the person in charge of a conveyance, generated electronically from the common portal. … To ease the operation of e-way bill generation, the SMS based facility is provided to
1) Generate the e-way bills
2) Reject the E-Way Bill
This is a very simple method of e-Way Bill generation. However, the taxpayer has to take care of sending the request for e-Way Bill, in proper format and without any mistake during the data entry in mobile. Otherwise, the E-way bill may be generated with wrong information.
To use this method, the taxpayer has to register his mobile number, which is going to be used for e-Way Bill generation, on the web portal. The system enables only for that mobile number of the taxpayer (GSTIN) to generate e-Way Bill for that GSTIN. This facility is also available for the transporter.
Pre-requisite for using SMS facility
- To use this service, the taxpayer or transporter has to open the e-way bill portal and login using
- His/her username and password and go to ‘Registration’ menu and ‘for SMS’ option.
- Introduction of Goods and Services Tax (GST) across India with effect from 1st of July 2017 is a very significant step in the field of indirect tax reforms in India. For quick and easy movement of goods across
- India without any hindrance, all the check posts across the country are abolished. The GST system provides a provision of e-Way Bill, a document to be carried by the person in charge of a conveyance, generated
- Electronically from the common portal. To implement the e-Way Bill system, ICT based solution is required. Hence, as approved by the Goods and Services Tax (GST) Council, a web-based solution has
- Been designed and developed by National Information Center and it is being rolled out for the use of taxpayers and transporters? To ease the operation of e-way bill generation, the SMS based facility is provided to generate the e-way bills.
Purpose and Intended Audience
This document aims to explain the operational procedure on how to use SMS based e-Way Bill system.
Also, it explains the features and roles of the stakeholders in using this system.
This document is intended for registered taxpayers under GST and un-registered transporters, who are the main stakeholders of e-Way Bill system under GST.
The scope of this document covers the activities of e-way bills using the SMS facility.
Generating e-way bill using SMS mode – For Businesses
In case one is a registered business who wants to generate a new e-way bill using SMS mode, the following SMS request needs to be sent.
1) Logo image
2) List menu
Update: At the 26th GST Council meeting, it has been decided to implement he inter-state e-way bill from 1st April 2018. For intra-state movement, the e-way bill will be rolled out in a phased manner starting from 15th April 2018, such that all states are covered by 1st June 2018.
Registering for SMS Mode of E-way Bill
- Click the option “For SMS” under the “Registration”” “tab, in the main menu of the e-way bill portal.
- A screen will be displayed, wherein the registered mobile number has to be entered which has been used for registration on the e-way bill portal.
- Click “Send OTP”.
- On receiving the OTP on the registered mobile number, enter the same in the “Enter OTP” field.
- Click “Verify OTP” and then click “Exit”.
- on doing so, a screen will be displayed, with the User IDs displayed.
- Select the User ID from the drop-down menu, after which the mobile number registered against the selected User ID will be auto-populated by the system.
- On clicking “Submit”, the system will allow the particular user to generate the e-way bill through the SMS mode.
Company Vakil also provides services like Trademark Objection
Having completed the above process, the user can now proceed to generate an SMS-based e-Way bill, which is the fastest method.
- Generate e-Way Bill
- a) For taxpayers
From the registered mobile number, the user can SMS request to 7738299899, with the below-mentioned sample format below
EWBG Trantype RecGSTIN/URP DelPinCode InvNo InvDate TotalValue HSNCode ApprDist Vehicle,
- b) For Transporters
For transporters, the SMS based system is similar to above with an added parameter as follows,
EWBT TranType SuppGSTIN RecGSTIN DelPinCode InvNo InvDate TotalValue HSNCode ApprDist Vehicle
- This request is to generate the E-Way Bill for outward Supply of goods, with HSN 1001, to the recipient with GSTIN 29AAFCC9980M9ZJ, Invoice/Bill No 566 dtd: 29/01/2018 of value Rs 85500 to deliver at pin code 560012 through vehicle TRXXAB1234 and distance of 350 KMs.
The eWay bill portal provides a seamless gateway to register as taxpayers and transporters, to generate e-way bills-
Print Invoices with E Way Bill Numbers easily. Get your Free Trial now! GSTR 3B Filing. GSTR 3B Software. GSTR 1 Software. Composition Scheme. GSTR 4 Software. Services: Accounting, Finance, Inventory, Sales.
Steps to Generate E-Way Bill
Step 1: Access the waybill generation portal at https://ewaybill.nic.in/ and enter the login detail to enter the platform.
Step 2: Click on the “Generate New” option from the eWay bill- Main menu page to generate a new eWay bill.
Step 3: A new waybill generation form appears.
As the person in charge of a conveyance, a transporter has the following responsibilities during the life cycle of an e-way bill:
Enroll: In order to undertake e-way bill compliance and become part of the workflow on the government portal, it is mandatory for every transporter to get enrolled and obtain a transporter ID.
Carry specified documents: The following documents are to be carried along with the goods for any verification.
Tax invoice/bill of supply/delivery challan or bill of entry depending on the transaction
Copy of the e-way bill or the e-way bill number generated from the government portal.
Generate e-way bill and consolidated e-way bills:
In cases where the consignor has not raised an e-way bill, the transporter is required to generate the same. In the case of multiple consignments in the same conveyance, the transporter has the option to generate a consolidated e-way bill instead of carrying multiple e-way bills for each consignment.
Ensure correctness/accuracy of details entered in the e-way bill:
The transporter is required to verify the details entered in the e-way bill before dispatching of goods. In addition, he has to enter the correct vehicle details before dispatch and, in case of any change in the mode of transport/vehicle, update Part B of the e-way bill (which contain vehicle details) before such change.
The transporter is responsible for ensuring that the goods reach their destination within the validity period of the e-way bill. In case of any delay, he has to extend the e-way bill based on the facility available on the government portal or intimate the consignor/consignee to take necessary action.
Information regarding detention of vehicle: If a vehicle has been intercepted by field officers and detained for a period exceeding 30 minutes, the transporter can upload this information on the government portal.
For services like Trademark Objection in Hyderabad , visit us.