Uttarakhand fire and license
Uttarakhand fire and safety department was introduced in 9th Nov 2000, for fire fighting activities and disaster management, for the protection of living organism.
In 22/10/2003 order issued by fire advisory to home ministry of government of India to change the name of Uttarakhand fire fighting department in to Uttarakhand fire and emergency services.
It is mandatory to get fire license or no-objection certificate before approval of building plan from the Uttarakhand housing and urban development authority.
Uttarakhand fire and Emergency services Department issues fire license after verifying the conformity of the requirements of the fire safety measures.
it is mandatory for the owner or occupier of any public building such as shopping complex, industrial and private buildings requires to apply for fire and safety license
Uttarakhand fire and emergency service Act 2016
According to the Uttarakhand Fire and Emergency Services Act no.37 of 2016,
- Applicant proposing to construct a building of more than 15 meters in height for commercial or business purposes have to apply for a fire license to the Chief Fire Officer.
- Before submitting the application , be duly authorized by the local municipal corporation along with the appropriate plans to the concerned authority under the state law .
Penalty in case of default of non-appointment of fire and safety officer :-
- If any owner or occupier or association of such owner and courier of building or premise fails to appoint under section 16,
- Fire safety officer within 30 days, the recipient of a notice given in this behalf by chief fire officer or the nominated authority, as the case may be ,each one of them shall be deemed to be in default jointly and severally.
- Any person whose property catches fire on account of any act of his own or his agent done deliberately or negligently shall be liable to pay compensation to any other person suffering damage to his property
Reason for obtaining fire license:-
Fire license is required under the following conditions:-
- Fire and safety license is a needed for anyone seeking a trade license or occupancy certificate from the civil body in the state.
- It is mandatory to carry out businesses and trading operations, as listed under the Department of State disaster and fire services.
- It verifies that the building is resistant or unlikely to observe any fire-related accident.
Building categories required fire licensing :-
The following categories are required to obtain a Fire License in Uttarakhand :-
- Education buildings.
- Residential apartment buildings
- Hospitals and sanatorium
- Custodial institutions
- Telephone exchange
- Assembly buildings
- Multiplex buildings
- Business buildings
- Mercantile buildings
- Industrial buildings:- Low hazard, Moderate hazard, High hazard
- Storage buildings High hazard.
Documents required :-
Documents should be self attested and submitted along with the form are as follows:-
Structural Map of the planned building, location, floor, height, Area, key plan, etc. As prescribed by the NBC/ UTTRAKHAND Bye/law.
Copy of hydraulic pressure test certificate for fire extinguisher.
List of fire and safety equipment in the building as prescribed by the NBC.
Copy of PREVIOUS NOC if applying for renewal.
How to apply ?
For applying No-Objection certificate visit following portal given below:-
Click on the NOC BAR given in the home page,
Then you can select
apply for NOC, if applying for new application or for renew, click of pre-establishment noc or pre operation noc,
Fill the application with details and upload the scanned copy of documents required.
After filling the form submit the form.
After successful submission you will get acknowledgment number for further preference.
Status of noc
For checking the status of Noc visit the page,
Click on the NOC bar,
Select check status for Noc, fill the acknowledgement number and click on search.
-BY COMPANY VAKIL