ULTIMATE GUIDE TO START ATM BUSINESS IN INDIA
In India, there are many business opportunities, but there is a hidden opportunity that many entrepreneurs are unfamiliar with. There is therefore a big chance in the banking sector, namely how to start an ATM business in India.
We are always witnessing the ATM with bank names such as SBI, ICICI, UCO Bank, Baroda Bank, etc. But now there’s a new concept, i.e. White ATM label. These ATMs are not going to have such bank logos. Any of the non-banking entity with a minimal net value of Rs. One hundred Crore . Could apply for ATM white label.
In 2012, RBI issued White Label ATM guidelines and in 2013, RBI began issuing licenses and permits. Tata Communications Payment Solutions Limited was granted the first authorisation to open such an ATM under the brand name ” Indicash.” Until now, approximately 15 companies such as Muthoot Finance, Prizm Payments and AGS have been granted permission.
Benefits of White Label ATM:
- They offer convenience to the customer, as any bank customer can use them and are open 24/7 and even on holidays.
- They offer convenience to the bank, as it will reduce its branch operating expenditure.
- Will lead to ATM penetration in India because it was very low, i.e. Around 100 ATMs per 10 lakh population.
- White label ATM users can also withdraw up to 10,000 per transaction.
- Added value services such as mobile recharges, bill payments, etc.
Stakeholders in White Label ATM
- RBI: It licenses and authorizes the opening of the ATM white label under the Payment and Settlement System Act, 2007 and not any other act.
- White Label ATM Company (non-bank entity): It rents ATM space and maintains and services the ATM machine.
- Sponsor banks: It is responsible for loading the cash in the White label ATMs and also ensures that it does not circulate false currency notes.
- Payment network operator: They provide the system with technical connectivity. MasterCard, like Visa, the National Financial Switch (NFS under the Indian National Payment Corporation).
INCOME OF WHITE LABEL ATM
The first five transactions are free every month.
Following the fifth transaction, the transaction fee shall be Rs. 15 and for balance, Rs will be an inquiry. This fee is paid to White Label Company by your bank. According to RBI rules, it cannot charge you directly. Your bank is going to cut those charges from your account.
Let’s learn how to set up an ATM business with a white label company in India and earn between 10,000 and 25,000 per month.
The steps to establish the ATM business in India are as follows:
- Establish a legal entity like an individual or sole company in India.
- Open a bank account.
Let us now talk about the companies and their requirements that provide White Label ATM Services, so that you can rent your space to set up the ATM machine in your area.
How to Setup ATM with Tata IndiCash–
Tata Communications payments solutions Ltd of TATA Communication has been authorized to set up the white label ATM throughout the country. It was started with the name “IndiCash.”
The following things are required:
- You need at least 60 to 100 square meters of space.
- The Flat Roof was required to set the VSet.
- Apart from that, you must require a letter from the Authority and NOC.
- 1 Kilowatt of electricity connection.
Therefore, after the above requirements have been met, you must apply online via the indicash website and upload the location picture and obtain the approval.
How to Setup ATM with Muthoot Finance
Muthoot Finance is the NBFC Company that also supplies the ATM machine for white label. Therefore, if you have room, you can rent to Muthoot finance. It only requires 40 to 60 square feet of space with the right location such as in Malls or on busy roads or anywhere.
Muthoot finance essentially required ground floor space. To apply, you simply go to the official website of Muthoot Finance and upload photos and other details of your location.
How to setup ATM with BTI
Apart from IndiCash and Muthoot Finance, BIT Payments Private Limited Company, a bank tech group based in Australia, also provides White Label ATM machine. RBI grants this company a license that has already set up more than 1000 + ATMs across India. He activated his moly in MP, Jharkhand and Uttarakhand.
You must apply to their official website similarly.
For more such articles visit Company Vakil