What is UAN
UAN (Universal Account Number) is a very important number given by the EPFO through the unified portal. This number is a universal number that consist of many different IDs given to a single person by many different establishments. Basically, it is used as a parent window to get gain of all the different documentation and information about the person who is linked with this UAN. If a person already has a UAN login number then they do not need to re-apply for it while joining another organization. The person will be given a new Member Identification Number known as Member Id on the basis of the old UAN login. PF Registration is compulsory for it. We have formed this article for you so that you could know the UAN benefits and the methods to avail it. Such methods by the government are successful in building a sharp image of it. Also, the members feel at ease and are secured through such methods. New schemes like these should be initiated by the government so that a sense of tranquility and peace is developed.
Functions of UAN
- A UAN login can help you in connecting your PF account number to it by using the member portal.
- Post linking of previous PF accounts and the transfer of PF balance happens without asking for it through online portal.
- If you are looking to withdraw an EPF pending amount, then you must have a UAN login.
- If you want to get in touch with the EPFO, then you can do it without any hassle if your UAN is linked with your Aadhaar. The Aadhaar number lets you verify the member through digital means.
- The EPFO member can get instant PF balance Updates through SMS service.
- The member would have the benefits of downloading the UAN Passbook through an online link. This passbook is extremely important as it contains the information regarding the member’s PF.
- An identification number is provided by the UAN login that is limited to the employers only. After the necessary Aadhaar verification and KYC details, you will be able to use it with ease.
- After registering on the UAN member portal login successfully, you will receive updates via SMS consistently to make you aware about your PF account.
In order to know the how to find the PF balance, consult Company Vakil Experts
Advantages of UAN
Following are the advantages of the UAN Portal which could be received by the members:
- Passbook could be downloaded
- UAN Card could be downloaded
- Previous Member IDs list is available
- KYC Details could be entered
- Qualification could be checked for Online Transfer Claim
- Personal Details could be edited.
Getting a UAN
An employer can give the employee with his/her respective UAN member login. UAN is mainly posted on the employee’s pay slip so that the employee is at ease.
In order to know more, find on www.CompanyVakil.com
Getting and Upgrading UAN information through online service
In order to check or upgrade the UAN activation information, you can log into the online portal of their website. First of all, activating the UAN login is necessary by clicking on the Activate option, available on the portal. The information like UAN, mobile number and member ID should be available to complete the activation process.
Members should provide the exact details to the employer with all the necessary evidences along with it. All the information and details should be given to the field office. It is a complex card so should be taken care of. To update the details, go to the online portal and click on the profile button and then select ‘Update KYC information’. All the documents should be digitally verified by the employer. The status will be shown as pending until further processing.
Activating the UAN
In order to activate the UAN information, you can log into the online portal of the website. The information like UAN, mobile number and member ID should be available to complete the activation process.
After the activation, you should log into the portal by using the UAN as user id and password. All these details should be kept secret.
To Download the UAN card
To download the UAN card, you have to log into the portal and provide the id and password then click on the download menu and select ‘Download UAN card’. A PDF will be generated in a soft copy form which could be printed for other purposes.
Transmission and Withdrawal of PF
When the employee is about to resign and is about to start his/her new job at a different organization the he/she has to transmit the details to the new account and will also receive funds through the new account too. They can use the portability of the EPFO and can link the different member ids with one account to the other. The KYC details should be verified by both the employers. The funds and PF amount should be transferred to the new account and the employer should acknowledge the withdrawal forms.
To know more about PF withdrawal, find on www.CompanyVakil.com
Changing the UAN Details
To change the details of the UAN Member portal, log into the profile menu and select ‘edit’ for mobile number or e-mail Id to change it. After it, you will receive an OTP on the mobile number that is registered. Confirm the OTP on the portal and the information changes will be reflected.
Numerous Allotment of the UAN
In very few cases this happens that a person would be given with two UAN login. Generally because of two reasons. One could be that the exit date is not filed by the person’s previous employer in the ECR filing and the other reason could be that there is a pending fund transmission left in the current employment.
In these cases, the member is required to inform his employer about it or should send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell them about the entire scenario. So that the previous UAN could be blocked by the authorities and the new one to be activated. Consequently, a claim should be sent to receive the transmission of services so that the new UAN could be funded.
Such cases are extremely rare and happen once out 10000 cases. Although, precautions are available to rectify the error but members should feel secured as the communication is quite smooth while using these portals. So there is not much to worry about.
In order to get any sort of help, the member could get in touch with the helpdesk through following ways:
Helpdesk contact 18001-18005
E-mail ID: email@example.com
The above mentioned contacts are active 24/7 and could be contacted at any time of the day. However, delays are possible.