Ration card in uttarakhand
Ration cards are official document issued by state government of Uttarakhand to households that are eligible to purchase subsidized food grain from the Public distribution system(under the National food security act).
They also serve as a common form of identification for many Indians.
Department of Food, Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs of Government of Uttarakhand issues Ration card to the citizen of Uttarakhand.
The important benefit of ration card is that it enables the holder to procure all subsidies provided by the Uttarakhand Government. Holders of ration card can also purchase all essential commodities for daily needs at highly subsidized prices.
Types of ration card
- Uttarakhand government provides diffrent colours of ration cars to diffrent categories of families on the basis of income and age .
ABOVE POVERTY LINE (APL):-
- yellow colour ration card issued by government of uttarakhand
- Family with annual income above 15000 are eligible .
- These household gets near about 15 kg food grain on the basis of availability.
state food yojana card :-
- White colour card issued by government of uttarakhand
- Families with annual income below 15000 are eligible.
BELOW POVERTY LINE (BPL):-
- White colour card issued by uttarakhand government
- ration cards that were issued to households living below the poverty line.
- These households received 25-35 kilograms of food grain.
ANTYODAYA ANNA YOJANA (AAY) :- Hunger free INDIA
- Pink colour ration card issued by uttarakhand government.
- Families below poverty line are eligible for this card or poorest of poor household can apply for this ration card.
- Household gets recives 25-35 kg of food grains
- Green colour card issued by state government of uttarakhand
- Senior citizen of 60 or above 65 years and not receiving any pension facilities.
Benefits of ration card :-
The government of Uttarakhand provides a subsidy for essential food items and commodities for ration card holders.
The essential food items, commodities and goods that the civil supplies department authorities supply to the ration card holders are listed as follows:-
Food grains :- rice,wheat ,sugar etc
Petrol products:- kerosene, LPG.
Use as address proof , identity proof etc.
Eligibility criteria for ration card in uttarakhand:-
Eligibility criteria to apply for new Uttarakhand ration card are as follows:-
- The applicant must not be in possession of a ration card
- Couples who recently got married in Uttarakhand can apply
- Holders of temporary ration cards or past cards expiry can apply for new rotation card.
Documents required to apply for ration card in Uttarakhand are as follows:-
- Address Proof – Water, Electricity or Telephone Bill
- If on rent – Rent Receipt.
- In case of transferring from one Town or Gram Panchayat to another , Surrender Certificate.
- In case of transferring from one Town or Gram Panchayat to another surrender Ration Card of previous residence.
- For Govt/Semi Govt Personnel – Certificate of residence address and number of members by Institutional Head
- For people working in Registered Industrial Institutions – domicile or residencial certificate and number of members by Institutional Head or Reporting Officer
- For students in Urban Area – Certificate for taking education and residential address by Institutional Head
- Photograph of Family Head
Validity of ration card :-
Uttarakhand ration card is valid hoti 5 years from the date of issue
It can be renewed by applying for renewal.
Amount to be paid for ration card:-
Application fees for ration card in uttarakhand is only 5 INR.
How to apply for ration card?
Follow the given step by step procedure to obtain Ration card in urban areas of Uttarakhand .
for urban area :-
Step 1: To get a new Uttarakhand Ration Card, you have to fill an application form in a prescribed format.
Provide following details in application form.
- Name and Address
- Details of family
- Gas connection details
- Income details
- Bank account information.
After filling information in the application:-
Step 2: After providing all details in application form,
submit the application along with all required documents to the Clerk at District Supply Office (DSO).
Step 3: After verifying application form and all other documents,
the Clerk will issue an acknowledgement receipt.
Step 4: Clerk will forward the application to Supply Inspector (SI) of concern area.
Step 5: After verifying all documents SI will visit home to verify all other details.
Step 6: If the verification is satisfactory, SI will sanction the issue of ration card forwarding the application back to the clerk.
Step 7: Clerk makes a new Ration Card, computes your family units, affix the photo of the head of the family and enters the ration card entries in master register. Ration Card will be attached with Fair Price Shop (FPS) nearest to home.
Step 8: Submit the acknowledgement receipt to clerk and get your new Ration Card.
For rural area:-
For obtaining Ration card in rural area, follow the procedure given below.
Step 1: For applying Ration card in rural area applicant have to visit Block Development Office (BDO) in your area.
Step 2: By Submitting an application along with all other documents to Gram Panchayat Officer (GPO) at BDO Office.
Step 3: GPO will verify the documents and will give an acknowledgement receipt to you. GPO will also forward the application to SI.
Step 4: SI will visit your home for verifications.
Step 5: If verification is satisfactory, he will sanction the issue of ration card. .
Step 6: GPO makes a new Ration Card, computes your family units, pastes the photo of the head of the family and enters the ration card entries in master register.
Yours Ration Card will be attached with Fair Price Shop (FPS) nearest to your home.
Step 7: On producing the acknowledgement receipt to GPO, you can collect the Uttarakhand Ration card.
for renewal of ration card :-
- Ration card renewal process is same as for applying a new ration card in Uttarakhand.
- Old Ration card is compulsory to attached with the application form along with all other supporting documents mentioned above.
- Time limit for renewing the ration card after the expiry is about 2 month.
- If unable to renew within the time then the ration card entry will be removed from the register.
- An amount of Rs.5 has to be paid for renewing Uttarakhand Ration card.