This is a document in which a property seller gives to a buyer explaining in details the possession date of the property gotten. It is issued by concerned Tahsildar in rural areas and RDO in the urban areas, possession is essential to include the property in revenue records. Furthermore, this is required when trying to secure a loan. In this article, we will look at the procedure for obtaining a possession certificate in kerala.
For more such articles visit Company Vakil
Uses Of Possession Certificate in Kerala
The certification can be used for the following reasons;
- Application of a housing loan
- To get a subsidy which is provided by the government.
The time for obtaining the certificates can be within seven days from the time you submitted your application form.
Fee for obtaining the certificate (Akshaya Centre fee)
Fee for obtaining the certification through the centre written above is given below;
|1||Fee for SC/ST family||Rs.12|
|2||Fee for BPL family||Rs.20|
|3||Fee for all other families||Rs.28|
It can also be paid online through the e-District portal for Rs.15.
The following documents are needed to obtain the possession certificates in Kerala;
- Encumbrance certificate
- Identity proof- Aadhaar Card
- Proof of ownership of property
- Details of Land Tax
- Voters ID.
Application through Akshaya Centre
The procedure to get the certification through Akshaya centre is discussed in detail;
- Firstly, you go any Akshaya centre that is close/ near to you.
- Registration of the
- must be online and can be done with the aid of a centre service person.
- Submit all relevant documents to the service person to help upload online; once it has been submitted, it will be forwarded to the backend department application.
- An SMS to the registered mobile number, the application number will be found in the SMS sent. Keep it for future purpose.
- Tahsildar will process the request after successful verification; the authorised officer will issue the authentication by digitally signing it.
- Once you get the SMS, it shows that the certificate is ready for downloading.
- Make sure you visit the Akshaya centre with the help of a service centre person to download your certificate by providing the application number.
- Get the printed copy of the digitally signed certificate which can be used for applying for home loans.
Apply through the e-District Portal
The following steps will help you apply for the certificate through the e-District portal;
- Visit the main page of the e-District portal of Government of Kerala
- To avail the e-District services, register using the web portal.
- Click on ‘Portal user registration’ option from the main page; the page will redirect to next page.
- Ensure you fill all personal details and select login name and password.
- Select the password recovery question and provide answers for the selected question.
6. Click on validate button and further to register button.
One time registration
7. Login to the portal, perform a one-time registration to apply for the it.
8. Click on the One-time registration button, fill all mandatory details and also the duplicate button.
Note: One-time registration is to find out if you have registered with any Akshaya centre.
9. After a successful duplicate check, the submit button will be enabled which will permit you to register.
10. Click on Application link; the page will select the duplicate link and the system will automatically check the duplication in case there is any.
11. Immediately after verification, click on the submit button to proceed to apply.
12. All the details for the certificate such as Name, type, Purpose and e-District registration number must be entered.
13. Click on the save button to save all your details; you will then be redirected to the page for uploading documents.
14. Upload all the relevant documents in PDF format with 100KB
15. After uploading all documents, proceed to make payments.
Note: Confirm all entered data before making payments.
MAKE PAYMENTS AND GENERATE RECEIPTS
16. Pay fee by using any of the following methods;
- Credit card payment
- Debit card payment
- Net banking
- Cash-card prepaid
17. After successfully paying, you can print receipt and certificate application.
The status of the possession certificate in kerala application will be displayed on the transaction history tab in the e-District portal, or an SMS will be sent regarding your status.
18. Once you receive an SMS that your possession certificate has been issued, login into the portal, download and print out the digitally signed certificates.
Company Vakil provides services related to Msme Registration