HOW TO START COURIER BUSINESS IN INDIA
If you want to start a business in India, then it is one of India’s fast- growing markets. Even after the rise of the e- commerce business in India, every day the courier industry grows.
Indian Courier Business Market 2016
The size of the Indian courier sector is estimated at Rs. In 2015 – 16, 14,000 crores. The courier industry is a small, but important segment of the logistics industry as a premium segment. It is one of the industry’s fastest growing segments. In the next three years, the industry is expected to grow by 17 percent per year to 20,000 crores.
HOW TO SETUP A COURIER BUSINESS IN INDIA
Entrepreneurs in India have two options to start a courier business in India–
- Set your own Logistics and Courier Company
- Take a franchise from a well- established company of couriers
How to Set your Own Logistic and Courier Company –
If you plan to set up your own courier company in India, it will require a lot of money to set up the network initially. There are many such small players in India, but reputed foreign companies are well established in India’s logistics business.
Here are the top ten courier companies in India:
- Indian Postal Services – established in 1774 with 1.5 lakh post offices
- DHL Express India Private Limited – established in 1969 established in more than 200 countries.
- Blue Dart Express Limited –established in 1994 & it’s a subsidiary of DHL.
- First Flight Courier Limited –established in 1986 with 1200 domestic offices.
- FedEx India –established in 1973 & distribution offices in 220 countries
- DTDC Courier and Cargo Limited – established in 1990 & hold reasonable market share in courier service in India.
- TNT Express – established in 1974 & has a presence in more than 190 countries.
- Gati Limited –established in 1989 & has a strong market presence in south Asia and Asia pacific region.
- Overnight Express Limited –established in 1987 and provide service in 2800 locations in India
- The Professional Courier Network Limited –established in 1987 & has 20 regional offices and over 20 K + serving locations.
You must therefore raise funds from investors before you start your own courier company in India. You can set up a private limited company in India and raise money via an investor by allocating your company’s shares.
In India, apart from the big logistics companies above, there are many Indian start-ups like Delhivery, which started from scratch and today it is the best established e- commerce logistics player in India.
You can learn from the Fred Smith, founder of the leading company FedEx, even in the courier industry.
Checklist to start your courier company in India–
- A lot of investment money via angel or venture capital or other sources.
- Establish a legal entity in India as a private limited company.
- Request the proper tax registration such as service tax.
- Build a team and invest in the quality and training services.
- Build a big network.
How to take franchise from well established courier company
In India, due to a lack of funds, not everyone can open their own courier company, even most successful logistics start- ups learn about the courier or logistics industry by taking the franchise from other companies and following the market understanding, they go with the big plans.
So today we have a lot of courier or logistics franchise in India, where we can start from very little capital.
You just have to need following documents to apply for any type of courier business franchise in India–
- Setup with the Proper Tax Registration & License legal entity
- Place for the opening your Franchise with the Agreement.
- Small Security Deposit depending on the Courier Company.
- Financial Credentials like bank statement or bank passbook
- Approval Letter from the Courier Head office.
- Logistics Agreement between the Franchise and Company
Below is the list of a well- established courier company in India–
- Indian Speed Post office Franchise Opportunity
- DHL Express Franchise
- DTDC Franchise
- First Flight
For more such articles visit Company Vakil