Foreign nationals Coming to visit India for 180 days and more on student visa, medical visa, business visa, research visa or employment visa are needed to get themselves approved with the Foreigners Regional Registration Officer (FRRO). FRRO registration will be got under 14 days of arriving in India from a Foreigners Registration Officer (FRO) having a jurys mandate over the place where the foreigner wishes to stay. Pakistan citizens coming to India are needed to get the FRRO registration in 24 hours of their arrival. All the Afghan citizens irrespective of how long the stay is are needed to get FRRO registration In 14 days of destination except those Afghan citizens who arrives India on a visa valid for 30 days or below provided the concerned Afghan gives his or her local address in India to the Indian Mission/FRRO/FRO.
Process for getting FRRO Registration
Foreign people desalinating in India with the purpose of staying over 180 days must get FRRO registration within 14 days of destination in India. Moreover, foreign citizens intending to be in India for 180 days and more can at any point before the expiry of the 180 days, register for FRRO registration from a FRO.
Procedure for FRRO Registration
- Finish online FRRO registration form and set a date for FRRO interview .
- Specific Registration number is provided by the system.
- Set a date for FRRO appointment.
- Shown up and finish FRRO interview with all needed supporting files.
Normally, FRRO registration steps are finished on the same day, but it may depend in some situation where field entities checks are needed to be done by the registration officer. neglecting or late FRRO registration results to a penalty of USD30 which is adjusted from time to time. Hence, it is important for all foreign citizens living in India for over 180 days to give out a FRRO registration as early as required .
Files needed for FRRO Registration
- The files needed for FRRO registration depends based on the forms of Indian visa Given by the FRRO registration applicant as shown below:
- Original passport and Visa plus with 4 passport size colored photos
- full done FRRO registration form
- 3 copies of the needed pages of passport .
- FRRO showing letter (3 copies signed by Indian sponsors/ caretaker/ Guarantor along with any one required identity files like passport, election ID,official ID , PAN card, etc).
- Proof to show you reside here (copies of either electricity bill/Telephone bill/ Municipal bill/ certificate of municipal authority/Leave & License agreement or any other valid proofing of residence). giving out the file from the restaurant or a receipt that is laying out the payment is enough in case of Tourist visa registration.
- FRRO Registration fee- Rs. 100/-.
- just in case of registration on Employment visa, 3 copies of the condition and terms of the contract of assignment, Involving wages, designation, employment tenure etc.
- In case of signing in on Employment/Business Visa, 3 copies of PAN card or of registration made for grant of PAN card.
- In case of signing in on Employment or Business Visa, bringing forward letter of relevant company or Firm or Business undertaking, duly registered by the approved signatory suggesting name, designation & mobile and telephone number.
- In case of signing in on student visa three copies of valid certificate from college, school or academic Institute for the academic year listing necessary particulars involving originality of admitting the students and nationality of the foreign student.
- In case of signing in on medical visa, letter from relevant hospital where treatment is being taken along with approved medical documentary search reports with medical documented files about period of treatment.
- Just In case of signing in on medical visa, if the person involved is put in the hospital, medical certificate having the photo of the person involved and approved by the doctor.