To promote the efficiency of procurement of goods and services, government has come up with an online portal known as Government E- marketplace or Gem portal. Now days all the government undertakings, PSU’s, organizations, etc. require this and with the help of this Government E- marketplace the transparency in government transactions has increased, improved and is much better now. This idea was brought into picture by Ministry of electronics and information technology and National E- market division. Ministry of finance has its authorized transactions from this Government E- marketplace. At Present there are more than 7400 products in about 150 product categories and transport hiring services are made available on GeM portal. Till now transactions for more than Rs 140 Crore have already been processed.
Products sold by government E- marketplace
Government E- marketplace sells electronic items/ goods like, photocopy machine, scanner, printer, laptop, desktop, computer, tablet, accessories like mouse, keypad pen drive, etc.
Purchases from government
If purchases are made by Government- E portal, it can be made by any autonomous body or Central government or state government or PSU’s through authorized representative. To make such purchases you need to make an account or register with E- portal. To do the registration certain details are required to be submitted like,
- Aadhar card,
- Contact details
- E- mail address
- Digital signature (class 3)
- Authorization letter from respective department.
Procedure for registering as a seller:
For registering yourself as a seller on this, you will have to visit its website and provide for the mentioned details like:
- PAN card
- Aadhar Card
- Contact details
- Address proof
- Bank account details
- Identity proof
- Canceled cheque
After completion of registration, seller will receive a user ID and password for his GeM account. After that on his account he can fill the details of his goods and services provided and items he sells with the price involved. Once this is done he can start with the selling, he will receive all his order on the dashboard from the buyer. The seller will send the required services to the buyer and seller will receive the payment from the buyer within 10 days from net banking.
GeM advantages for buyer:
- Offers rich listing of products from various categories and options
- Makes facility for search and compare option.
- Transparent process.
- Makes payments online with ease.
- Ensures continuous vendor rating system.
- Up to date and user friendly portal with updated products and services
- Monitors supplies and payments.
- Provision for easy return policy.
GeM advantages for seller:
- Direct access to all government departments
- One stop shopping place for marketing all the things with ease.
- One-stop for all auction/ bids of products.
- New product suggestion facility available to sellers.
- Dynamic pricing which means prices can be changed according to the economic conditions of the marketplace.
- Seller friendly dashboard for selling and monitoring of prices and payments and supplies of products and services.
- Consistent and uniform purchase procedure for all the sellers.
Government E- portal is a new initiative by government of India for buying and selling of certain goods and services online. It is a one stop shopping place for all the things. This gives sellers a direct access and communication to all the department of government. And so far its working good and provides various benefits to both buyers and sellers.
Company Vakil is one of India`s largest legal registration platform that solves all your legal queries