eSeva is an online service that fulfills the demands of the citizens changing the way services were provided earlier. It was officially launched in 2001 and e-centers were opened as one-stop source providing information and services related to the government online to its citizens. In this e-governance era, the Government of Telangana has taken various series of steps to improve the delivery of services and also making the process of accessing those using futuristic technologies easy to reach, sustained efforts have been made by the Telangana Government to provide better citizen services as well as ensure excellent governance in the state.
Meeseva Vs Eseva:
Meeseva is an e-governance pictured as ‘At your service’ in Telugu. It provides a wide range of public services to citizens and businessmen of all level all over the state. It main objective is to provide various G2C and G2B services using improved and better technology.
On the other hand esava telangana, is implemented on a public-private partnership model where it provides various G2C and B2C services on demand. Working together with the public sector, the private sector will play an important role in accomplishing the vision of bringing services closer to home.
*G2C – Government to Citizens
G2B – Government to Business
B2C – Business to Citizens
Objective of eSeva:
The main purpose of the Government of Telangana in implementing the scheme and making sure it works, is to implement its vision of ‘providing quick governance and services on demand’ and ‘empowering its citizens digitally ’ using advanced technology. In addition, it believes in extending the benefits of IT to the last person in the society.
Features of eSeva Telengana:
- Its approach is integrated – Combining State and Central Government departments offering integrated services in one center.
- Citizen-friendly – There are no jurisdiction limits that any citizen can avail the service at any center at a reasonable cost.
- Efficient and scalable – It has a system well-organized provided with printers, internet access to handle the processes.
- Reliable and safe – The information provided and the transactions done are secured.
- Time-saving – Instead of spending time in queues and moving from department to department, multiple services are organized under a single window.
Services of eSeva:
It involves services that are provided online such as e-filling, e-forms, and e-payments. The payments are done by cash/cheque/DD/credit card/Internet. Some of the G2C and B2C services provided are
- Registration of births/deaths
- Issue of birth/death certificates
- Registration Department: Issue of encumbrance certificates *
- Issue of Caste/Nativity Certificate
Downloading of other forms:
It allows the downloading of various government forms. To download any government form you can log in to the website of Government of Telangana.
To get any information about government orders, you can head to the website of Government of Telangana as shown below
- electronic payments internet enabled
- Government Orders Downloading of forms Orders (GOs)
- Filing of applications on the web
- Receipting of complaints or requests in connection with citizen services
Transport Department Services (available at Banjara Hills Center only)
- vehicle owner address changing
- vehicle ownership Transfer
- Issue of learners’ licenses
- Issue/renewal of driving licenses (non-transport vehicles).
- Registration of new vehicles
- bus tickets Reservation of APSRTC
- Reservation of water tanker; HMWSSB
- Tourism: Reservation of tickets and their accommodation
Permits / Licenses
- Medical and Health Department: Renewal of Drug Licenses
- Issue/renewal of trade licenses
- License New Registration
- License Renewal
- Payment of Inquest/Panchanama fees
- Payment for First Information Report
- Payment for Inquest/Panchanama fees
- Payment for Post Mortem Report
Payment of Utility Bills
- Electricity bills
- Water and sewerage bills
- Telephone bills (BSNL & TATA Tele Services)
- Property Tax
- Sales Tax
- ATM: Cash withdrawals and deposits *
- ATM: Issue of statements of account *
- Mutual Funds: Collection of applications *
- Mutual Funds: Transfer of shares *
- Cell Phone Bill Payments
Other Services at Centre
- Sale of passport application forms
- Receipt of passport applications
- Receipt of applications for new telephone connections.
- Registration Department: Sale of non-judicial stamps
- Registration Department: Document writing service
- Collection of small savings
Apart from online services, the services are also offered at various centers across the Twin Cities and Ranga Reddy District. All service counters are operated with an electronic queuing system.
To know about the center that is close to location of residence, open the official page and click centers option which displays a list of centers and its details.
Eseva centers open from 8.00 am to 8.00 pm on all working days and 9.00 am to 3.00 p.m on holidays. Every second Saturdays and Sundays are holidays.