DEATH CERTIFICATE IN UTTAR PRADESH
A death certificate is a legal official document issued by Urban department of uttar pradesh to certify the deceased state of individual.
Uttar pradesh government has made it mandatory to register death as per provision of registration of death act 1961.
Reason for obtaining death certificate:-
Several reason’s for obtaining death certificate are:-
- Declears the cause of death,location,date,time of death.
- Serves as proof for legal purpose to collect pension
- Claiming life insurance
- Medical benefits and other legal commitments.
Documents required for death certificate:-
The following documents has to be provided at the time of applying for the death certificate.
- Application form.
- Ration card.
- Passport size photo of deceased.
- Proof of death of the person for whom the certificate is required.
- An affidavit, if death is being registered after one year of its occurrence.
Who can register death certificate ?
The death of an individual has to be registered within 21 days from the date of death.
The registration of death has to be done by the following specified persons:
- If death occurs in the house, the head of the household is eligible to register the birth in the concerned Registrar Office.
- If death happens in the hospital, a person who is authorized by the medical institution is responsible for recording /registering the death in the respective Registrar Office.
- If death occurs in jail, the jail in-charge can register the death with the concerned Registrar Office.
- If death occurs in a public place, the local police in-charge or headman of the village can record the death.
Amount required for registration:-
The applicable charges for registering death certificate are listed out below:
- The birth certificate will be issued at free of cost if registered within 21 days from the date of birth.
- The birth certificate will be issued by remitting a fee of Rs.2/- if registered after 21 days from the date of birth.
- The birth certificate will be issued by remitting a fee of Rs.5/- if registered after 30 days from the date of birth.
How to apply for death certificate?
Death certificate can be obtained by applying online or by visiting nearest common service centre (CSC) centre.
To apply for the death certificate through CSC(Common service centers),
follow the steps specified below:
Step 1: The applicant needs to visit the nearest CSC center.
Step 2: You can get an application form for a death certificate.
Step 3: Fill the required details which are mentioned in the application form and attach the specified documents along with it.
Step 4: Submit the filled application form to the CSC operator.
Step 5: After submitting the form the SMS is sent to your registered mobile number as an acknowledgement.
Step 6: Finally, payment has to be done by the applicant to process your application to the Nagar Nigam.
The applicant can collect the death certificate either from the official website or Nigam service center.
Apply death certificate online :-
To apply for death certificate through online mode, follow the steps which are specified here:
Step 1: The applicant has to visit the official website of Uttar Pradesh Government.
Step 2: Login into the portal by clicking the “Citizen’s Login” option.
Step 3: If re-registered already enter the mobile number and password or else Click “New Registration”.
Step 4: Once the registration is completed, log in again into the portal and click on the link death certificate to apply.
Step 5: Then the user can proceed with filling the details in the application and upload the scanned documents.
The applicant will receive an SMS to registered mobile number as an acknowledgement.
Track status of the application
To track application status visit :-
Click on death certificate,
Then click on the logo appears as “check status of death certificate”.
Enter the reference or acknowledgement number and enter the captcha code
To download death certificate visit the link given below:-
Follow the steps :-
Click on death certificate on the home page
A logo will appear search/download death certificate click on it.
Enter reference number /acknowledgement number or registration number
Then enter the captcha code and click on search and download the certificate
-by COMPANY VAKIL LEGAL BLOG INDIA LTD.