What is Atal Amrit Abhiyan scheme?( summary)
In order to help them with health care services, Atal Abhitan scheme was introduced in Assam. With the help of this scheme, the people of Assam would be able to enjoy cashless healthcare services in the form of Atal Amrit Abhiyan Scheme. This scheme was especially designed for the public earning less than Rs.5 lakh per annum.
Purpose of this scheme:
The main purpose / objective of Atal Amrit Abhiyan Scheme is for the government to provide a healthcare system for the people which is easily accessible. The medical treatment is free and cashless, covering up to Rs. 2 lakh
Who can reap the benefits of this Scheme?
The people who can take advantage of this scheme must fulfill the following requirements:
- The individual should be a citizen of Assam.
- The individual should possess a ration card issued by the Government of Assam under the National Food Security Act.
- The individual who belong to the below poverty line (annual income less than Rs. 1.2 lakh) and an individual who belong to the above poverty line (annual income between Rs. 1.2 lakh and Rs. 5lakhs) are eligible.
- Families whose annual income is less Rs. 5 lakhs can apply.
- Government employees are not eligible to apply for this scheme.
Advantages of this Scheme
Any individual who has applied to this scheme will receive the following benefits/advantages:
- Cashless medical health care and treatment.
- Free medical care up to Rs. 2lakhs.
- Aids six common and high-cost treatment diseases like Cancer, Kidney diseases, Neurological conditions, Neo-natal diseases, Burns and Cardiovascular diseases.
- The patient to be treated can be admitted without any payment.
- The treatment covers expenses like consultations, medicine, diagnostics, food and hospital.
- In addition to this, travel expenses of visiting people, treatment, daily allowance is also covered in this scheme.
Steps for applying for this Scheme:
The following are the steps in order to apply for Atal Amrit Abhiyan Scheme:
Step 1: Visit the enrollment centre
First step is to visit your nearest Atal Amrit Abhiyan enrollment center.
Step 2: Documents Verification
After getting in touch with the concerned offer your documents will get verified from them.
Step 3: Receiving the Challan
The applicant of the Above Poverty Line receives a challan of Rs. 100 that has to be deposited in the bank along with the annual premium.
Step 4: Acquiring fingerprints
Once the verification is done, the Above Poverty Line officer takes a photograph and acquires the fingerprints of the applicant.
Step 5: Issuing of the Card
After completing the application procedures, you will be issued the Atal Amrit Abhiyan ID card
Documents required for enrollment
The following are the documents required for applying for this scheme:
- Ration Card
- Voter ID
- Income Certificate
- Birth Certificate if the applicant is less than 18 years of age
- National Food Security Act Card (if required)
(These documents will be verified by the enrollment officer at the Atal Amrit Abhiyan center)
Assam’s Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal said, “Health always remains a commitment of Government and with the launching of Atal-Amrit Abhiyan access to quality treatment will become a reality for the all the citizens.”
“Atal-Amrit Abhiyan is an endeavor of the government to make quality health care affordable to every individual member of a family”.
Assam’s Health and Family Welfare Minister, Himanta Biswa Sarma said that launching the health assurance scheme is a tribute to former Prime Minister Vajpayee
Company Vakil is India`s leading legal registration platform, get in touch for any legal query