What is ARN Number?
GST stands for Goods and service tax. Since the launching of GST system in India, the law is strict that all eligible taxpayers must file their tax returns using the system. Therefore, registration on the portal is mandatory.
ARN( Application Reference Number) gets created when you make an application. This is a special number, given to all GST applicants registering through an e-sign or digital signature. The system generates the number automatically, but its after you have successfully submitted your application. Thus, it is an official evidence of a successful registration.
You will be using the number online, in checking your gst application status. Apart from checking your status, the gst status number has other uses, hence the need to keep it safe.
Documents that you should have when applying for an ARN number
- A list of partners or directors, alongside their address and ID as evidence. Stating if your business is an incorporation or partnership is vital.
- A memorandum of association alongside partnership deed, certificate of incorporation and association articles.
- PAN card of your business or organization.
- Either electricity bill or rent agreement, to act as an evidence of business location.
- A bank account canceled cheque, showing the name of the account holder, MICR, IFSC, and details of the branch bank that opened the account.
How to check the status of gst application
Here are the steps you should follow when checking the status of your application:
- Visit the URL www.gst.gov.in to access the GST home page.
- Move your cursor to the “Existing User Login” button and click it.
- The login page will open. Enter your username and password respectively, on the “Username and Password fields.”
- Now, move your cursor to the captcha field and enter the captcha text. Verify the text is correct, and click the ” Login” button.
- The welcome page will open. Click the ” Continue” command.
- The dashboard opens. Click the dashboard and move to ” My Saved Application” icon, and click it.
- ” My Application Status” page opens. Enter your ARN number.
Upon entering your ARN number, you will see your application status. Besides, the status will get sent to your verified mobile number.
Essential Announcement from GST Portal
- If you are an existing taxpayer who is yet to register on the portal, you are free to request a new application on the system.
- If you have successfully registered on the system and you already have ARN, downloading the provisional registration certificate is free. The certificate is available on the site.
- If your registration form is yet to be submitted via either EVC,E-Sign or DSC, but have been saved with all your details, you will get the ARN in your email,once the data provided is verified. In case your data fails the validation process, you will still log in on the portal and make corrections to the highlighted errors. You will receive the highlighted errors in your email.
- If your registration form is half-completed, you just need to log in on the portal and complete the remaining part.
Here is the various status you will find on the portal while checking your gst registration status:
- Provisional: it means that although you have been provided with a provisional ID, your registration is yet to be filed.
- Pending verification: it means that although the verification is uncomplete, your registration was successful.
- Validating errors: means you provided PAN details that are different from those the IT department provided. To rectify the issue, you should resubmit your form.
- Migrated: it means a successful application to migrate to GST portal.
- Canceled: means your registration was denied.
Company Vakil provides all kinds of Legal registrations including GST Registration