Aadhaar card is an identification card which relates a person to his proof of Indian residency and features to avail him all the rightful facilities easily and freely. After the initiation of the Aadhaar card, people have received unquestionable benefits from attaining one. For the residents of India who want to register for the Aadhaar card or clarify any queries- Company Vakil will be there to help.
Aadhaar Card at a glance:
The Aadhaar which contains the demographic and biometric data of each Indian citizen encrypted by a 12 digit number is called Aadhaar card. The body which regulates and governs the Aadhaar card procedure is The UIDAI- Unique Identification Authority of India. To ensure efficiency and transparency for proper maintenance of Aadhaar card UIDAI takes all the necessary measures.
Eligibility for Aadhaar card:
- Any people who reside in India which includes newborn or minors can issue Aadhar. Resident below 5 years issues Baal Aadhaar and adults directly issues the Aadhaar card.
- Any foreigner who has lived 12 months or 1 year in India is qualified for Aadhaar card.
Documents required for Aadhaar Card:
|Sl||Proof of Identification (POI)||Proof of Address (POA)|
|01||Pan Card||Ration /PDS card|
|02||Certificate of Birth||Driving License|
|04||Voter Identification Card|
How and Who can avail an Aadhaar card:
For two different segment issued in two ways:
a. Aadhaar Card:
Only 3 steps to register for Aadhaar card for adults.
- Find an Aadhaar registration center nearby you by visiting the website or by google map
- Fill up the required information given in the form
- Submit the required documents
- Scan your finger and eyes for providing biometric
- A slip will be provided to you acknowledging your registration
- The whole process of Aadhaar registration is free of cost.
- Baal Aadhaar:
The Baal Aadhaar is provided only to a newborn baby under age 5. This Aadhaar does not contain biometric or retinal scan like Aadhaar card for adults. The Baal Aadhar is blue in color.
- Visit the center with the birth certificate of the child.
- A Referral will be taken from one of the parent’s Aadhaar number for certification. In this way, the Baal Aadhar will be linked to its parent’s Aadhaar.
- The form has to be filled up by the parent available in the center. The parent must give a mobile number for the registration purpose.
- A photograph of the child will be taken by the center.
- An acknowledgment slip will be provided certifying that the client has gone through all the procedure.
- A verification message will be given to the number registered with sating to obtain the Baal Aadhaar.
Check your Aadhar status online:
To check the status of your Aadhaar registration go on to the official website of UIDAI and click on the Aadhaar enrolment tab. Enter the number given in the acknowledgment slip.
Download or Print your Aadhaar:
If all the steps to issue Aahaar card is taken but still did not take the physical copy of the Aadhar, the Pdf version of the Aadhar can be downloaded and printed for use from the UIDAI website.
Verify your Aadhaar card:
The individual Aadhaar card can be easily verified online by following six easy steps.
Step 1: Visit the official website of UIDAI
Step 2: Click the button “Aadhaar services”.
Step 3: Click the button “Aadhaar verification”.
Step 4: Insert the 12 digit Aadhaar code given after registration.
Step 5: Insert the password messaged to your mobile.
Step 6: If there is a mistake in the information given in the Aadhaar status call 1947 UIADI center.
Update or Edit your Aadhaar info:
Reasons people want to change their Aadhaar details are:
- Change in demography from the given one. i.e. Name, Age, Marital status.
- Biometric data has difficulties arising
The Aadhaar update can be done by visiting the website of UIDAI or visiting the registration center physically.
Get Your Aadhaar Virtual ID:
Unlike the 12 digit Aadhaar number, the Aadhaar virtual ID is a 16 digit code that is generated for the Aadhaar code. This is an alternative code to the original Aadhaar number. This virtual Aadhaar codes can be generated as many times the user wants. It has to be kept in mind that under no situation the original Aadhaar card can be retrieved by the Virtual ID.
Some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Things to remember while updating Aadhaar update form:
- Only capital letters shall be used to fill up the form.
- No fields shall be left blank in the form.
- No mistake shall be made while giving the mobile number as its essential.
- Use English or local language used at the area of the enrollment.
- Current and relevant details are provided this time.
- No salutations such as Mr / Mrs / Ms / Dr be given in the name.
- The address filled in the form is valid as the Aadhaar will be sent there.
- Clearly write the name with signature or thumbprints, it is important for verifying your documents.
- Attach relevant documents which are needed to support the changes wanted.
- The application will be rejected if any of the steps are not properly followed.
b. In case you lose your Aadhaar Card
A new Aadhar card can be easily drawn by visiting the UIDAI website. Then downloading and printing the Pdf.
- How long is the Validity of an Aadhaar Card?
No renew of Aadhar card is required and it is valid until the owner does not lose it.
d. Is it possible to make the Aadhaar card online?
No, Aadhar card has to be issued physically on the nearest center. Any online registration is not allowed. Visit the nearest center by going to the official UIDAI website.
- What is the Use of Aadhaar Card?
The main purpose of Aadhaar is to facilitate the residents of India with their regular rights. The things that Aadhaar gives are-
- Identity certificate
- Address certificate
- Easy access to Government subsidy
- Open and operate Bank Accounts without any hassle
- Income Tax: Aadhaar card ensures every eligible taxpayer is giving their tax.
- Gas facilitation
- Creating a mutual fund
E-KYC(Know Your Customer) for Aadhaar:
Details of an individual are verified by the UIDAI through the process of Aadhaar card registration. This process is carefully examined and performed by UIDAI because of the significance of the Aadhaar card. The Aadhaar service will enable users with services and benefits from the service provider. Aadhaar for e-KYC is a large service assortment from many service providers and avails with facilities. Some of them are:
The e-KYC store documents without papers and provides them when needed by the manager, which is easier.
The service provider can access any information required to be used for the specific Aadhaar card user with few clicks on the computer which is seamless and timeless comparing to physically going through all the copies of information of the Aadhaar user.
UIDAI is a certified governing organization which protects and handles the Aadhaar users’ information very cautiously. They understand the value of these documents and what a leak in their secured system will cost to the whole E-KYC system.
UIDAI only shares or picks out the information of any Aadhaar user by explicit consent from the Aadhaar card holder through biometric measures or Retinal check.
UIDAI is well trained, experienced in managing the information of the Aadhaar, which proves their authenticity.
Since the entire process does not require any physical movement, enabling Aadhaar users to connect from any place by internet. It saves the transportation cost, psychic cost and other miscellaneous expenditures.
f. What is a PVC or Plastic Aadhaar card?
Earlier UIDAI used to provide plastic made Aadhaar cards. But the QR codes in these cards became dysfunctional after some time due to technical difficulties. So, UIDAI officially announced not to use plastic Aadhaar cards and the printed version on fresh paper is even more applicable than the plastic Aadhaar card.