APEDA, which is short for the “Agricultural & Processed Food Products Export Development Authority” is an organization from the government that has been established in 1985 via an act aimed for the development and the promotion of the export of the scheduled products. It imparts financial assistance, guidelines and information towards the development of the scheduled products. The products which are specified according to the APEDA ACT are normally called the schedule products. The exporters who are in charge of such scheduled products are asked to register into “Agricultural & Processed Food Products Export Development Authority”.
Objective of APDEA:
The main goal of “Agricultural & Processed Food Products Export Development Authority” is to increase the export of the schedule products and in order to achieve that several programs have been undertaken by the body following the rules and actions of the central government. The Central Government formulates the rules and regulations. Moreover, it implements for the productive administration of APEDA Act through this power.
Role of the Authorities of APEDA:
Authorities are tasked with the following functions, such as:
- Advancement of the export oriented production and the development of the Scheduled products
- Selecting the standards and the specifications which are to be followed for the scheduled products
- Registration of the exporters of the scheduled products mainly on the payment of the required stipend
- Improvement of the packaging and the marketing of the Scheduled products
- Observation of an inspection of the products for the cause of making sure that the quality of the products is intact
- Training taken in the several sides of the industries that are connected to the scheduled products
- Development of the industries which are related to the scheduled products and to undertake the surveys, the feasibility studies and so on
- Gathering of the statistics from the owners of the factories or the establishments and to ensure the publication of those statistics
APEDA has been bestowed with the responsibility of making promotion of the export and the development of the scheduled products such as these and much more.
- Poultry Products
- Dairy Products
- Bakery Products
- Jaggery and Sugar Products
- Cocoa products and chocolates
- Floriculture Products
Process of Registration:
For the registration according to the “Agricultural & Processed Food Products Export Development Authority”, the applicant has to submit the form of application within one month starting from the date of the undertaking the company. If the exporter of the scheduled products is unsuccessful to register in that time period because of any reasonable cause, such a date can be prolonged only by the Authority.
After the application has been properly filed and has been paid by the applicant, the in charge authority will then issue the Registration cum Membership Certificate (RCMC). This type of registration is also known as a one-time registration. Furthermore, all the members, who are registered, are guided by the rules & regulations following the APEDA Act.
- Properly signature in an application form within due time
- A copy of the Import-Export code that is issued by D.G.F.T.
- Bank Certificate which has been duly signatured by the authorities
- Bank account statement of the bank account related to the firm, for latest couple of months
- Check that is cancelled
Benefits of Registering with APEDA
- Giving proper respect to the export of the scheduled products, “Agricultural & Processed Food Products Export Development Authority” registration has been made mandatory.
- Exporters has the option to avail the different schemes related to the financial assistance of APEDA.
- This program benefits the exporters with the publicity of their brand through advertisement, proper packaging and development, regular database enhancement and the surveys and so on.
- Proper provision of the guidelines to the exporters about the several different items and the countries for making the exportation
- All the registered members are allowed to take part in different training programs that organized by “Agricultural & Processed Food Products Export Development Authority” for many of the scheduled products and therefore, it improves their business.
Process of Online Registration:
With the aim of simplifying the procedures and to ease the conduction of business with full effect from August 1, 2015, the issuance made by the RCMC has been done online by using the digital signatures. Exporters can defer an application online.
The process of doing the online registration are listed below:
- First you have to login to the APEDA Website and then click on the “Register as Member” tab
- After than you have to enter the basic details such as the IE CODE, then Email ID and the Mobile number and finally, submit
- “One Time Password” for ensuring the confirmation of the details will be messaged on E-mail and the mobile number and the same number has to be typed into the verification screen.
- Click on the Submit button to proceed.
- After the verification has been completed, you need to fill in the online application and then proceed to upload the documents they asked for. The documents has to be in the PNG, PDF or the JPEG formats only.
- Online application will be completed in either one or more than one sessions by visiting the website again by using the assigned OTP.
- After the information has been typed into the respective areas, you need to save the data. The data that is entered can be altered until online payment has not been made.
The fee decided for the registration is Rs. 5000 with the exclusion of the taxes and this can be made through any of the methods given below:
- Credit Card(MasterCard and Visa)
- Debit Card (MasterCard and Visa)
- Demand draft in favor of “APEDA” payable with respective cities
- After the completion of the process of payment, an application number will be formed. This application number has to be kept for any future reference.
- On formal permission of the RCMC, the Login details will be, then, forwarded to the registered email belonging to the exporter.
- The Exporter can login into their account by using the “Exporter Login” link that is given at the “Agricultural & Processed Food Products Export Development Authority”
- Position of the RCMC application can be opened and seen by clicking the link of the “Track Application” to see the status of the application through the submission of the the IE Code and the Application number till it gets issued.
- If there is any deficiency within the application, then the exporter will have to look over and submit the document again online.
- Finally, the approval of RCMC obtained from the officials of “Agricultural & Processed Food Products Export Development Authority” has to be gained.
- Once the approval gets permitted, the Certificate can be obtained by using the APEDA Login following the heading of the “View RCMC Certificate” under the RCMC Menu.
Company Vakil with the help of expert professionals simplifies the process of registrations in India . we are transparent in quality, process, price and time consumption. Company Vakil follows the likes of famous Just in Time process to deliver services on time without a hitch.