The chief object of the scheme is to provide relief to the families of unorganized workers in case of decease or disability of the unorganised worker leaving the families in great distress. All India statistics indicate that Andhra Pradesh is one of the States with great number of accidents. The death or disability due to accident of an unorganized worker results in depression to his family and hardship caused by reduced earnings and medical and other expenditure relating to the accident. therefore, there is every need to provide accident death and disability insurance to the worker towards social security. additionally, even natural death of an unorganized worker results in excessive hardship to the family members left by the worker who require to be provided some relief. Government had already implemented social security scheme to the transport drivers in the unorganized sector on pilot basis and on the working knowledge of the said scheme, it is felt appropriate to extend the social security scheme to all unorganized workers in the State with certain modification to offer disability coverage also.
All unorganised workers in the State could register under this scheme. The age limit for the worker should be in the range of 18 to 70 years. All applicants should have a bank account in any nationalised bank. The worker who is drawing a monthly wage upto Rs.15,000/- per month or less will be enrolled through Praja Sadhikaara Survey are eligible under this scheme.
SALIENT FEATURES OF THE SCHEME
- All unorganised workers in the State between the age group of 18 to 70 years are eligible to be registered as unorganised workers and enrolled as the beneficiaries of the Chandranna Bima Scheme.
- All unorganised workers would be registered under the Unorganised Workers Social Security Act, 2008 and enrolled as beneficiaries under Chandranna Bima Scheme.
- SERP will facilitate registration of the unorganised workers and their enrollment in the Chandranna Bima Scheme, data entry, maintenance of data base, hard copies of signed applications and other connected matters.
- Assistant Labour Officer of the Labour Department will be the Registering Authority.
- The registered unorganised workers shall be enrolled as members under State Accident Death and Disability Scheme and under the Aam Admi Bima Yojana (AABY) and will also be covered under adhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY). The benefits under Chandranna Bima Scheme are as follows:
Chandranna Bima Scheme benefits:
- 5 lakh for the Accident Death and Total Disability: Rs. 2,25,000/- (Rupees two lakh twenty five thousand) from the State Accident Death and Disability Scheme, Rs.75,000/- (Rupees seventy five thousand) under the Aam Admi Bima Yojana (AABY) and Rs.2,00,000/- (Rupees two lakh) from the Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY).
- Up to Rs.3,62,500/- for the Partial Disability: Up to Rs.2,25,000/- (Rupees two lakh twenty five thousand) from the State Accident Death and the Disability Scheme, Rs.1,00,000/- (Rupees one lakh) from the PMSBY and Rs.37,500 from the AABY.
- 30,000/- for Natural Death under the Aam Admi Bima Yojana (AABY).
- 1200/- p.a. towards the scholarship per child up to two children of the beneficiary studying 9th, 10th, Intermediate or ITI.
Details of PMJJBY Chandranna Bima
- Coverage of Rs. 2.50 crore unorganized workers.
- Convergence of the Central Schemes, the Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyothi Bima Yojana, Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana and the Aam Admi Bima Yojana with Chandranna Bima.
- Scheme Benefits: Rs.2 lakh for 18-50 years and Rs.30,000/- for 51-60 years towards the natural death, Rs.5 lakh for the accident death and total disability and Rs.2.50 lakh for the partial disability for 18-70 years.
- Scholarship Rs.1,200/- for the children (up to two children) studying 9th, 10th, Inter and ITI.
- Total online claim completion process. Rs.5,000/- paid within (2) days towards funeral expenses and total balance sum paid on 11th day or 13th day death
Claiming Procedure for Chandranna Bima Yojana
The applicants who are eligible can apply for the Chandranna Bima Yojana in online by visiting the official website of the Andhra Pradesh Government. Kindly follow the below given process to claim under this scheme.
Step 1: The applicant should visit the official website using this link chandrannabima.ap.gov.in
Step 2: You can even log in to the portal with your username and password.
Step 3: The application forms for the Chandranna Bima Yojana can be downloaded from the portal.
Step 4: You have to fill all the details into the application form. The Praja Sadhikara survivor will visit the worker’s house, make a initial enquiry, collect claim application with full details including Nominee details and Account Number etc., and other documents like the Aadhar Card, Ration Card copies etc.
Step 5: Once all the details are fetched from the UIDAI server, Bank details are recorded. The employment details are also inquired and feeded into an application.
Step 6: After that, an application reference number with application registration details are sent via email and mobile number.
Step 7: Within 60 days a policy number will be generated, and Insurance certificate is sent to the address mentioned in the aadhar card.
Company Vakil with the help of expert professionals simplifies the process of registrations in India . we are transparent in quality, process, price and time consumption. Company Vakil follows the likes of famous Just in Time process to deliver services on time without a hitch.