The 7/12 Extract (also known as the 7/12 Utara) or Record of Rights is the extract from the land records registers that are held by Revenue Department of Government of Maharashtra. 7/12 extracts contain comprehensive data about land properties in rural areas. A 7/12 extract document is an essential indicator of the legal status of a agriculture land.
What is the 7/12 extract?
The 7/12 extract is a piece of information obtained from the land register of any district in Maharashtra which gives complete information about a certain piece of land.
How the term “7/12 extract” was coined?
The term was coined on the basis of two forms that are required to obtain the said information. Those are:
- Village form VII which records details of owners and rights.
- Village form XII which records the agricultural aspects of the land such as the kind of crops produced, the cultivation cycle etc.
Both these forms are prescribed in the “Maharashtra Land Revenue Record of Rights and Registers (Preparation and Maintenance) Rules, 1971.
It is also known as “Saat-Baara Utara” which in Hindi means “Seven-Twelve Extract”
Here is a specimen of form VII
What kind of information is included in the 7/12 utara in Maharashtra?
The 7/12 utara includes the following information regarding a certain piece of land:
- Survey number of the land.
- If the area of the land is fit for cultivation.
- Changes in ownership.
- Mutation numbers.
- Type of land (agricultural or non-agricultural).
- Type of irrigation (irrigated type or rainfed type).
- Information on due loans for purchase of seeds, pesticides or fertilizers.
- Information about the type of crops planted in the last cultivating season.
- Information of due litigation, if any.
- Information of tax paid and unpaid.
What are the various uses of the 7/12 utara?
- The 7/12 extract can be used to determine the ancestral property.
- It can be used to acquire information about the land type and/or the quality of land.
- It is an important document in determining the agricultural aspect of the land itself as well as the surrounding areas.
- The document is required at Sub-Registrar’s office when the sale transaction of a land is being done.
- It is an important document that is required to be submitted at the time of applying for a bank loan and credit.
- It can be used as an evidence during a civil litigation.
How to apply for 7/12 extract online?
Step 1 : Go to the “Aaple Sarkar” website.
- .Select Right to Services (RTS) option from the home page.
Step 2: Create a profile.
- Create your profile on the “Aaple Sarkar” portal to apply online for land record services.
- Click on “New User?” and create your profile.
One should keep in mind that the information filled on the websites is used as a base for certificates and hence should be filled without any errors.
Step 3: Register on the portal.
- Registration can be done using either of the two options available on the website.
- Once you are registered, select “Land Revenue” option on the next page.
- Select “Land Record Department” from the drop-down menu.
- Select “Issuing 7/12 extract” and click on the proceed button.
- Enter the details of the applicant viz name, address, mobile number, adhaar card number and email id.
- Mention the details of the land extract viz district, taluk and village details form the drop down menu.
- Provide survey number/GAT number/ Hissa number.
- After entering all the details, the 7/12 preview page will appear.
- After checking all the information, click on “submit”. A pop-window with Maha Transaction ID.
Step 4 : Make the payment ( Last step)
- After the fee details are shown, click on “confirm” to proceed the payment.
- Once the payment is done, the details entered will be displayed.
Applicant can now find the entered details in the revenue department extract list.
How to track the application?
Step 1:visit aaple sarkar website – which looks just as the picture below – and click ROR services.
Step 2: Select “track application” from the side menu.
Step 3 : Select Revenue department and head to Land Record Department and 7-12 extract.
Step 4 : Enter your application number and click “Go.”
In conclusion, filing a 7/12 utara in Maharashtra can be beneficial in the long run for security and safeguarding information. We at company Vakil can help you with all types of legal documentations with the help of our experienced lawyers and make your process hassle-free.