ONLINE PATENT REGISTRATION IN HYDERABAD
A patent is a form of Intellectual Property rights for an invention provided by the law for a limited. The invention must be a new process, product involving an inventive step of being made and used in the industry can be registered as per Patent Act.y of patent registration is twenty years from the date of filing application. Patenting an invention aids in making or selling or importing that product without the consent, control the use. Patent Registration application hyderabad are handled by The Patent Office, and Trademarks, Controller General of Patents.
Hyderabad is well known for it's educational infrastructure as well. It has around 350 engineering college located in hyderabad. It has the most number of engineering college in India. Amongst which BITS pilani, IIT Hyderabad are world renowned. It also has the India's 2nd rated national law universities NALSAR. The osmania university in Hyderabad established in 1918 is the seventh oldest university in India.
REASONS FOR PATENT REGISTRATION IN HYDERABAD
The reasons for Patent Registrations in hyderabad are as follows:
- Only owners of registered application are allowed to take actions or sue for damages in case of infringement of the Patent. Inventions which are not registered cannot be protected as per the Patent Act.
- A Patent Registration in hyderabad can be used as a registration in other countries also if required. The same is applicable to the foreigners as well.
- Patent Registration hyderabad provides a unique competition for all the businesses as the competitors will not be allowed to use the same Patented product.
- Registered Patent is an intangible property as it can be sold, franchised or commercially contracted.
NEED FOR PATENT REGISTRATION IN HYDERABAD
The following are the need for patent registartion hyderabad:
A patent provides exclusive right which allows the inventor to enjoy his invention for 20 years. The Patent registration in hyderabad establishes a commercial right in the market. By bringing the Patent in the market the inventor can a higher investment on his returns. By registration, the inventor can sell or license his right to commercialize to the other enterprise in the market. This would bring royalty and revenue into the hands of the inventor. Furthermore, this would increase funds and also the Company's market value.
TYPES OF PATENT REGISTRATION IN HYDERABAD
The different types of patent application hyderabad filed before the Indian Patent office are:
- Provisional Application: It is a preliminary application filed before the office to claim priority. It is usually filed when the patent requires an extended time for some improvement. The Indian Patent Office follows the " first to file" system and has a beneficiary factor in that. Early filing by the inventor prevents other from becoming prior.When an application has to be completed within 12 months from the date of filing the provisional specifications. Failure leads to abandoning. This patent application hyderabad has a concept that the invention acts as a proof that the inventor has some concept in mind.
- Non-Provisional Application: It is accompanied by a complete specification which in terms is called the techno-legal application. Complete specification must include the description of the invention in depth and also the scope of the invention. It should also disclose the best method of carrying the invention. The complete specification is filed in two ways: direct and subsequent.
- Conventional Application: It is a type of application that deals with the claim of priority of another application filed in some other one or more convention countries.
- PCT-International Application: The Patent Cooperation Treaty assists applicants in seeking patent rights internationally for their particular invention. By filing this application a person can get its patent-protected under 148 countries. It is filed in three ways
- Filing in IPO(Indian Patent Office).
- Filing directly in International Bureau of WIPO after getting permission from IPO.
- The applicant can also file an application in IB of WIPO after 6 weeks and within 12 months from filing an application in India.
- PCT-National Application: It follows the international phase. The applicant has to file this application within 31 months from the priority date or International Application date. This application is filed in each designated country within 31 months from the priority date. For the National Phase, the title, description, drawings, abstract and claims act as a Complete Specification.
- Application for Patent of Addition: When an applicant comes up with an improvement in the invention described earlier in the main application, then he can make an application for Patent of Addition. There are separate renewal fees for this addition in the parent Patent.
- Divisional Application: When an application made by the applicant requires a patent for 2 or more inventions, then he can divide his application and file for 2 or more applications, for each invention. The term Patent for this type of application shall be 20 years from the date of filing the main application of Patent. The priority date will be the same as that of the parent application.
PROCEDURE FOR PATENT REGISTRATION IN HYDERABAD
The procedure for Patent Registration hyderabad are as follows:
- Draft an application. In case the inventor is a very early stage in invention then he must go for Provisional Application. It gives 12 months of time to file the complete specification of an invention. With the end of 12 months, the patent application is abandoned. Filing for the Provisional specification is an option like if the inventor has full knowledge of the Patent and all the research work is completed then he can directly go for a complete specification.
- After the complete specification along with the application, it is published within 18 months of first filing. An early publication is also done with the giving of the fees. Generally, it is published within a month from the request.
- The application is examined only after receiving the request. Upon receiving the request the Controller gives the application to the Patent Examiner and then the checks the prerequisites in the application. He creates the first report after reviewing the application that is called Patent Prosecution. The 1st report contains the prior arts(existing documents before filing)which are similar to the claimed invention, and then it is reported to the applicant.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR PATENT REGISTRATION IN HYDERABAD
The minimum requirements for Patent registartion in Hyderabad are :
Patent is an exclusive right given to the inventor for his invention by the Government. In order to make the invention patentable following are the requirements:
- Novelty: The invention must be new which means that it must have never been carried before or used before. It must be something which must not be published earlier in the public or disclosed to the public.
- Inventive Step: The invention must be non-obvious which means that it should not be obvious to the person skilled in the art. It could not be disclosed by a skilled person who has an extraordinary knowledge.
- Industrial Application: It must be capable of being used for the industrial purposes.
- Not publically/Commercially disclosed: It must not be known in the public before the filing of the application for the invention.
- Patentable Matter: The subject matter of the invention must be patentable under the law.