Udyog Aadhar is a form of registration that is given to the micro or small or medium termed business within India following the “Micro, Small and Medium Type inprise Development Act” of 2006, shortly known as MSMED. Previously, the Udyog Aadhar was known as MSME registration before being given the new name. At present, the procedure of getting the registration for MSME has been combined with the registration done for the Udyog Aadhar and the whole process has been taken in under the control of the Government. Furthermore, the whole process can be done online which is far more convenient and quick. Along with providing the registration for the Udyog Aadhar, the main aim of the department set for the MSME are given below.
- To help the micro, small and the medium sized business compete with the international market efficiently
- To advertise the development of the micro, small and the medium sized businesses effectively on a large span plan
- To make an extension of the different schemes made by the government all in one place to help the SSI units for development
- To protect the SSI from the larger industries in terms of the finance
Eligibility for Udyog Aadhar
It is not possible for all types of companies to avail the registration for the Udyog Aadhar. Only the companies which fall under any of the three categories – micro, small and medium – according to the given table below in terms of the plan of investment and the given machinery will be allowed to opt for the scheme of the Udyog Aadhar.
|Type||Sector of Production||Sector of Service|
|Micro Company||Upto Rs. 25 lakhs investment in plant & machinery||Upto Rs. 10 lakhs investment in equipment|
|Small Company||Upto Rs.5 crore investment in plant & machinery||Upto Rs.2 crores investment in equipment|
|Medium Company||Upto Rs.10 crore investment in plant & machinery||Upto Rs.5 crores investment in equipment|
The businesses or service providers that has invested more than Rs 5 crore in machinery or equipment or the businesses of manufacturing that has invested more than Rs 10 crores in machinery and plant will not be permitted to get the registration of the Udyog Aadhar done.
Advantages of Udyog Aadhar
Overtime, getting a registration for the Udyog Aadhar has become very easy and convenient thanks to the step taken by the government to make it easy. The registration is being provided totally free of any cost and the whole process can be done online. After the company obtains their Udyog Aadhar, they can enjoy a lot of the benefits which are mentioned below.
- The applicant will be eligible to receive the financial support for taking part in many foreign expos in order to showcase their items and goods
- The applicant will have the opportunity to opt for the subsidies provided by the government
- Registration would help tremendously in the easy opening of the current bank accounts given in the name of the company
- It would also permit the businesses to register for the government loans for the micro business and the other such connected beneficial schemes
Documents Required for Udyog Aadhar
The applicants who opted for the personal Aadhar is the primary requirement for getting an Udyog Aadhar in the case of a proprietorship. Apart from that, no other documents are required with the exception of an email and a phone or a mobile number.
- In the case of a proprietorship, the Aadhar of the applicants has to be used
- In the case of a partnership, the Aadhar of the partners can be used
- In the case of a company, the Aadhar of the directors can be used
- In the case of and LLP, the Aadhar of the Designated Partners can be used
If the applicant or the authorized signatory of a company does not have an Aadhar, then that person has to apply for an Aadhar at any ctype in for the Aadhar enrolment before anything else. After the Aadhar has been obtained, the process of the Udyog Aadhar can be conducted.
In addition to the aforesaid Aadhar, the applicant will also have to provide the information that is required in the given form of application for the Udyog Aadhar.
How to Apply for the Udyog Aadhar
The steps given below is the easiest method which will help you obtain your Udyog Aadhar in no time. Follow the steps given below for a hassle-free process.
- First log in to the Udyog Aadhar website.
- Next, type in the 12 digit number of Aadhar of the applicant and then, complete the process of verification
- Name of the Owner – Fill name of authorized signatory or the owner as written on the Aadhar Card. Do note that, if the name does not seem similar to that of the Aadhar number, then the applicant will be unable to complete the form.
- Social Category – Type in the caste of the applicant: General/Schedule Caste/Schedule Tribe/ Other Backward Castes. The evidence of belonging to those SC, ST or OBC may be asked by the appropriate authority, only if and when required.
- Name of the Type inprise – Fill in the name by which the company is known to the customers or the public and which is a legal entity required to conduct business.
- It is possible for one applicant to obtain more than one Udyog Aadhar along with the same Aadhar Number just in cases of multiple businesses.
- Type of the Organization – Choose the type of the legal entity for the company
- PAN – Type in PAN Number of proprietor in case of proprietorship. In the case of a company or an LLP, type in the PAN of the said entity for which the Udyog Aadhar is being sought
- Location of the company – type in the address of all the location of business
- Official Address – Type in the main address or the corporate office address along with the mobile number and the email address.
- Date of the Commencement – Type in the date on which the company was started.
- Previous Registration Details – Type in the details of the previous MSME registration, if required
- Bank Details – Type in the details of the bank account of the company along with the IFSC Code and the Bank Account Number.
- Major Activity – Choose the major area of the activity of the business – such as manufacturing or service.
- NIC Code – Choose the appropriate NIC Code from the given handbook of the National Industrial Classification (NIC)
- Person employed – Type in the total number of the people who are employed in the business.
- Investment in Plant & Machinery or Equipment – Type in the amount of money which has been invested in terms of the machinery and the equipment by the business. Do not add the value of building or land.
- DIC – Type in the details of the District Industry C type in the nearest to the business, if necessary
After all the aforementioned documents and information have been submitted for free, the OTP will be sent to the mobile phone of the applicant one extra time. If the completion is done successfully, the Udyog Aadhar will be given appropriately.
For more information regarding the Registration of the Udyog Aadhar, please browse through our website Company Vakil.