PROVIDENT FUND BALANCE CHECKS
There are various methods that can be used for a Provident Fund, PF balance check, that can be applied. Also known as a PF Social Security Scheme for Employees, the Provident Fund can be used by employees with monthly earnings that are less than Rs. fifteen thousand (15,000) per month. The system works with individual employees contributing a percentage of their monthly salaries to the fund savings. If employers, employ twenty (20) or more employees, it is a legal requirement that the employer registers for a Provident Fund and allots a UAN for the employees who contribute. Read on for more details related to the PF Balance Check and the United Portal
Registration for UAN
UAN stands for Unified Account Number and to instigate a PF balance check, on the Unified Portal, all employers’ must have a UAN Account Number. This is a unique company identifier which is used in mandatory PF, pf india, reporting documents that are submitted to the concerned authorities for contributions made by members to the Employee’s Provident Fund. When an employee, joins a company for the first time, the employer must register the new employee and add the new, pf uan login, employee to the company, uan epf passbook, UAN group list. The new employee, uan login passbook does need to complete the standard, United Portal, new account, uan passbook / uan passbook login, download, verification process which includes:
• 1. Identification Proof.
• 2. Proof of Address.
• 3. Aadhar and PAN details.
Should the employee, already be a part of the PF balance check with a UAN provided by their previous employer, the new employer would confirm the new employee with all the KYC account (pf balance) numbers to activate the transfer from the old employer to the new employer.
EPF Portal – PF Balance Check
The process for an employee to undertake a PF balance check/pf passbook login, how to check pf balance, is quite simple, epf passbook download, on the EDF portal – epf passbook. The steps to for the PF balance check and epf balance check, are as follows:
• Step 1: Visit the government website: https://passbook.epfindia.gov.in/MemberPassBook/Login.jsp
Image 1 PF Balance Check
• Step 2: Enter the unique UAN account number and password and complete the CAPTCHA, epf balance uan.
• Step 3: When you have logged into the PF balance, epf balance passbook, check select the view passbook, uan passbook, as shown in the picture below:
Image 2. View PF Passbook
• Step 4: In the Unified Portal the PF balance check, epf balance check sms, will now be displayed. To download the PF UAN card, from the Unified Portal, the same procedure needs to be applied as mentioned above.
Missed Call Facility – PF Balance Check pf balance check online.
Missed calls to this number, 011-22901406, are a way for employees to instigate a PF balance, passbook, check as long as they use the mobile phone number that is registered to their account. This is important. The number has to be the mobile number linked to the registered person. For a PF balance check, using the missed call option, follow the steps below:
• Step 1: From the mobile phone number, that is registered and activated with the UAN on the Unified Portal, make the missed call to 011-22901406. Make sure all the UAN KYC details are correct.
• Step 2: There is no cost for the missed call which will automatically disconnect after two rings.
• Step 3: An SMS will be sent that will confirm the latest contributions and the current PF balance check.
Image 3. PF Balance Check SMS
SMS PF Balance Check
An SMS system is also in place for PF pf account, pf check epf balance check online, uan passbook download, uan epf passbook balance checks which has similarities with the missed call process. To use the SMS facility, your UAN must be linked to KYC details and the SMS, epf balance check on mobile, must be sent from the mobile number registered on the Unified Portal for the pf balance check with uan number. The, pf check, steps are as follows:
• Step 1: Sending an SMS to 7738299899 from the registered mobile number. The message should be “EPFOHO UAN” for the pf balance check app.
• Step 2: An SMS will be sent that will confirm the latest contributions and the current, epf balance check online, PF balance check.
The PF balance check can be SMS process has the capability to send details in ten (10) languages. To receive the PF balance check in other languages, follow this guideline. SMS “EPFOHO UAN <LANGUAGE CODE>”. For example, to get PF balance, check my epf balance amount, in Hindi, you will SMS “EPFOHO UAN HIN”. The SMS language codes are provided below:
• English – “EPFOHO UAN”
• Hindi – “EPFOHO UAN HIN”
• Punjabi – “EPFOHO UAN PUN”
• Gujarati – “EPFOHO UAN GUJ”
• Marathi – “EPFOHO UAN MAR”
• Kannada – “EPFOHO UAN KAN”
• Telugu – “EPFOHO UAN TEL”
• Tamil – “EPFOHO UAN TAM”
• Malayalam – “ EPFOHO UAN MAL”
• Bengali – “EPFOHO UAN BEN”
UMANG App – PF Balance Check
The Unified Mobile Application, UMANG, has been established by the Indian Government as a New-Age, Governance application, which can provide a platform for users to gain immediate access to information with their pf login. UMANG application, epf balance enquiry, is a common platform for various Government services such as:
• Booking household Liquefied Petroleum gas for cooking purposes.
• Aadhaar Enquiries, insurance on crops.
• Claim or balance check on employee provident fund.
• National Pension Scheme etc.
The Umang App can also be used for checking PF Balance as follows:
Step 1: Download and install the UMANG App from Play Store or iOS Store.
Step 2: Find the EPFO option on the homepage of the app. Select “Employee Centric Services.
Step 3: Enter EPF Universal Account Number (UAN) when prompted. An OTP will be sent to the mobile registered with UAN.
Step 4: Enter the OTP. All details pertaining to the user’s PF would be shown including the PF balance for the epfo balance enquiry/ epf online check.
In addition to the PF balance check, employees can also use the UMANG App for accessing various other EPF services as follows:
If you have any questions about PF Fund checks please contact Company Vakil