Convert Agricultural Land to Non-Agricultural Land in the Rajasthan Area
In the Rajasthan area, land changes are methods in play for the conversion of agricultural land to non-agricultural land. In the 1992 ‘Conversion of Agricultural Land for Non-Agricultural Purposes Act,’ according to the rural areas rules and regulations agricultural Land can be converted to non-agricultural land for:
• 1. Purposes for Trade or Commerce.
• 2. A Business Purpose.
To enable implementation of this type of practice all the relevant permissions must be submitted to the concerned authorities for their approval. We look at processes of land changes, in the Rajasthan area, in this article.
Land Conversion Rationales
In the Rajasthan area, the 1976 act, ‘Urban Land Ceiling and Regulation Act,’ land changes can be implemented related to the following rationales:
• 1. Industrial rationales.
• 2. Residential rationales.
• 3. Medical development rationales.
• 4. Commercial rationales.
• 5. Public utility rationales.
• 6. Salt manufacturing rationales.
Land Outside Conversion Scope
In the Rajasthan area land changes will not be approved for the following:
• 1. The One Kilometer Rule: On the edge of the Abadi of a village the one (1) kilometer rule will apply. This means that any land changes applications will be denied for things like industrial developments, lime kiln, and industrial units in the Rajasthan area.
• 2. Land Under Acquisition: Under the 1894 Land Acquisition Act there will be no approvals for land that has been acquired.
• 3. Public Transportation Areas: Permissions will not be granted for land that falls within boundary limits of the following: A National Highway. A State Highway. Any Central or State Government maintained road. A railway line.
Note 1: There are however situations where approval can be granted such as for a Brick Kiln. Any kind of business that is not polluting and small cottage developments.
Note 2: In circumstances where land is utilized as some kind of catchment, for a tank or a pond, the land changed can’t be applied. The same applies to burial and cremation land. This I regardless of if the areas have been noted in all the village land official records.
Rajasthan Area: Land Conversion Charges
In the Rajasthan area there are several conversion charges for agricultural land to non-agricultural land as follows:
• 1. Residential Functions: In circumstances where the population of a village is more than five thousand (5,000) people. For areas up to two thousand (2,000) square meters, the charge is Rs. Two (2) per square meters. For areas over two thousand (2,000) square meters, the fee is Rs. Four (4) per square meter.
• 2. Residential Functions: In circumstances where the population of a village is less than five thousand (5,000) people. For areas up to two thousand (2,000) square meters, the charge is Rs. One (1) per square meters. For areas over two thousand (2,000) square meters, the fee is Rs. Two (2) per square meter.
• 3. Industrial Functions: If the conversion functions are related to an industrial purpose or an industrial area the charge is Rs. One (1) per square meter.
• 4. Salt Functions: For a salt manufacturing function the charge is Rs. One thousand (1,000) for every hectare of land.
• 5. Commercial Functions: For commercial functions, the charges are: Rs, four (4) per square meter of land up to two hundred (200) square meters. And Rs. Eight (8) for land areas over two hundred (200) square meters.
• 6. Charitable Functions: For charitable functions the charge is Rs. One (1) per square meter.
• 7. Medical Functions: This includes places such as clinics, diagnostic centres, nursing homes, hospitals, and pharmacists that operate on commercial lands that have not been included in other groups. The charge is Rs. Three (3) per square meter.
• 8. State Approved Medical Function: This function applies to State Government advanced projects and services. Where projects can have a big impact on Indian and world health. The charge is Rs. One (1) per square meter.
I circumstances where Khatedar tenant’s change their agricultural land into the development of a residential house, or a storage area, some kind of facility to keep animals. There is no fee applicable as long as the area stays below five thousand square meters. The status of the Khatedari tenant will remain the same.
Note: Should the conversion be for some kind of departmental State Government related official use there will be no charge. This situation also applies to local authorities.
Land Conversion Purpose – Designated Authorities
In the Rajasthan area the designated authorities for the different categories of Agriculture land into Non-Agriculture are listed below:
• 1. Commercial Purposes:
1.1. Hotels, resorts, cinemas = State Government.
1.2. Weigh Bridge functions = Petrol-pump collector.
1.3. All other purposes = Sub Divisional Officer.
• 2. Residential Purposes:
2.1. In areas that do not exceed two thousand (2,000) square meters = Tahsildar.
2.2. In areas that do not exceed four thousand (4,000) square meters = The Sub-Divisional Officer.
2.3. In areas that do exceed four thousand (4,000) square meters = The Collector.
• 3. Industrial Purposes:
3.1. In areas that do not exceed one thousand (1,000) square meters = Tahsildar.
3.2. In areas that do not exceed one (1) hectare = Sub-Divisional Officer.
3.3. In areas that do not exceed twenty (20) hectares = District Collector.
3.4. In areas that do not exceed thirty (30) hectares = Divisional Commissioner.
3.5. In areas that do exceed thirty (30) hectares = Stat Government through the Collector.
• 4. Manufacturing of Salt Purposes:
4.1 In areas that do not exceed three (3) hectares = Tahsildar.
4.2 In areas that exceed three (3) hectares = Sub-Divisional Officer.
• 5. Medical Purposes:
5.1 = State Government Through the Collector.
• 6. Public Utility Purposes:
6.1 = Sub-Divisional Officer.
Rajasthan Area Required Documents for Land Conversions
In the Rajasthan area the land conversion documents required are:
• 1. A fully signed off copy of the Revenue map showing the land sought to be converted in red ink.
• 2. A self-attested Jamabandi copy.
• 3. Full details related to trees on the land to include how many will be removed an how many will stay.
• 4. A full layout plan needs to be submitted in circumstances related to residential colonies or industrial areas.
• 5. A copy of the challan.
• 6. Full details relating to the conversion.
• 7. A self-affidavit stating that ready for planting three trees in lieu of one tree.
Process Application Form
A khatedar tenant (applicant), wishing to make an application for a change related to Agricultural land for any non-agricultural will have to complete all the application form. All details must be in the correct format and this will have to be submitted with all the required back up approved documents as per the authorities request. If the application is approved the land conversion order will be issued.
Steps to Apply for Land Conversion Online
Step 1: Visit Rajasthan single window clearance system (SWCS) official webpage.
Step 2: From the home page make the required registration steps.
Image 1 Rajasthan Area Land Conversion
Step 3: If this is your first visit to the site complete all the details for the following: Entrepreneur, Investor, and Individual Registration (One-Time) to login to the Dashboard page.
Image 2 Rajasthan Area Land Conversion
Step 4: Portal login – To login to the portal enter the SSOID and Password.
Image 3 Rajasthan Area Land Conversion
Step 5: Select the link, to submit a new application, from the Dashboard and click on the menu option.
Step 6: Select Conversion of Land from Agriculture to Non-Agriculture in Urban Area and enter in the Rajasthan area Revenue Rules under Sec 90A, 2012.
Step 7: Complete all the mandatory application form details correctly and upload all the backup documents that are required.
• 7.1. Adhar number
• 7.2. Tenant name
• 7.3. Applicant’s email address.
• 7.4. Full address of the land.
• 7.5. The Bhamashah number.
• 7.6. The Khaara number of the land.
• 7,7. Father/Husband’s number
Step 8: Make the required payment by entering the Pay Now area. But an internet bank account is required for this step.
Step 9: After the application has been sent it will head to all the relevant approval stations who will check all the information for approval.
Step 10: To check the application status go to the SWCS website.
Steps 11: When all the approval stages are complete, and the application is approved, applicants can go online and download the conversion order.
When everything is done and dusted the khatedar tenant will be able to convert agricultural land for non-agricultural purposes. It’s important to note that converted land can’t be transferred for two years. When this period has elapsed transfers can be completed free of charge and there will be no need for approvals from designate authorities.
Record Book Entries and Penalties
- Record Books: These will be updated by the Tahsildar who will make all the necessary entries related to the land changes.
- Penalties: In situations where a person has used their Khatedai land for non related non-agricultural purpose, without gong though all the required approval stages, this person will be fined up to twenty five percent (25%) of the amount of the premium in addition to the application payment that they now have to make.If you have any questions about Land Conversions please contact Company Vakil